View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by EmbQuilt View Post
Those who quilt with your sergers do you do anything with your thread ends, such as tying, knotting, liquid glue so that they don't unravel? I usually take my ends to the sewing machine and back tack the edges, which wastes time. Would love to skip the step.
ONE of two things...if it will be covered and i just want it safe, i serge off the end about an inch, then pick up the foot, pull seam out just a bit and pull it straight back under the foot, just about an inch...set foot down, serge off again....the two layers of serging lock together and can be clipped even with the end of the fabric......Two, if it may show a bit, ....keep crochet hook and/or double eyed needle right by the machine... serge off fabric about 2 inches, cut thread and the thread the crochet hook OR the double eyed needle under the thread, thru the channel they create about 2 inches from the end...slip it down to the end, catch the thread tail and pull back into the channel... clip extra off and done...it won't go anywhere...