Old 11-18-2011, 03:30 AM
bloomin'Iris

Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
This sort of has to do with a question I've been meaning to ask... is there a way to find out what kind of machine/cabinet the irons originally came from? I needed a table for my front entry and refused to pay the $250 all the furniture stores wanted for tables so my husband and I hit up the craft antique co-op.We found this for $40 - and since it was already past being a base and it is beautiful, its now Gretel's base. Any way to tell what it came from? It's 29" tall - the irons on my White treadle measure 14" to the wooden cabinet - these are really tall! I'd really like to know, but have no idea where to even start -- anyone recognize the shape/pattern?
I have one of these under a Minnesota purchased at a garage sale a couple of months ago. Pretty sure the two go together as it was owned by the husband's mother, it has a really nice table. We are almost done remodeling the sewing room and all machines are corralled in the dinning room and of course this one is in the far back corner. You would not believe what I had to go through to make sure it was the same, but I knew I'd seen this base before so I just had to look. Will post a pic when all the machines are 'set free'