Old 11-18-2011, 05:20 AM
TanyaL

Friends, Here is the type of information I am desperately searching for. If you are satin stitching something with a corner, I know one technique is to miter the stitches on the corner. I don't know how to do that. I know that if you are stitching around a curve but not a circle, then one technique is for the satin stitch to be very thick on the side of the curve and very thin on the top and bottom of the curve. The style I have seen has the stitching looking very much like you outlined the applique with a calligraphy pen instead of a sewing machine. Details inside, and each piece of fabric are done like this also. It is very pretty. So far all the instructions I have found just say use a zig-zag stitch or any width and density of my preference and stitch on the edge. This is another type of machine applique but not what I'm looking for, in fact I didn't know people used that for their finished stitching. So please - who does this varied width satin stitching applique work? Who can sew a mitred sating stitched corner? Who knows other ways to vary the BASIC satin stitch?