Old 11-18-2011, 10:04 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
AARRRGGG!!! I am so frustrated. I put my machine away for the day and have so much work left to do. I am quilting all my Christmas presents on the 66 this year so I can get acquainted with her. I'm putting pics in here too. I want to use the stitch guide thing to follow a seam so I can quilt between two seams. I have no idea if that explanation makes sense. So I wrestled with this darn guide for 25 minutes before I FINALLY figured a way to get it on with the thumb screw. So I get the darn thing on and then the needle won't go down because the thing that holds the needle in keeps hitting the seam guide. How do I get this darn thing on? All that just to avoid marking the middle of the strips on the log cabin! All I want to do is follow the seam!

HELP!

This is what the seam guide looks like before I tried to wrestle it on the machine:

This is what it looked like when I FINALLY got it on.

And this one has the seam guide on, and my finger is next to the thing that holds the needle in. It keeps hitting the guide and it won't let the needle go down into the fabric to make the stitch. I'm sure it's operator error, I just cannot get it figured out.

My walking foot has a hole through it that the long bar of the guide goes through, so it is not mounted on the front of the presser foot bar. Like Charlee said, there should be a place on the walking foot for that guide to go through.