Old 11-19-2011, 02:43 AM
Retired GI Jo

Default Questions Regarding Fusing Paper Doll Fabric

Hello all. Am ready to start my paper doll project for my GD. I have a couple of questions. I took the advice on here and purchase the stiffest pellon--Peltex 71F to use for my dolls only. So, I have to cut each doll out to fuse individually to this because there are doll clothes on the fabric also. Do I need to put something, a towel or something else, over these to keep the sticky stuff from getting on my iron? Should it be damp? Now about the clothes--I bought pellon 987F fusible fleece for these. I am going to just use a big piece of it, and a big piece of the fabric, fuse together and then cut out. I've never fused anything before, the instructions on the pellon says for extra strong bond to use a "damp pressing cloth", wool/steam setting, and press firmly for 10-15 seconds. Is an old towel OK as a damp pressing cloth? Anything else I should know about this process? I've seen where some have also put tiny pieces of velcro on these to help hold the clothes. Do the clothes not cling well without it?

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give me. I want these dolls to last a long time for my GD.

Joyce