Old 11-19-2011, 06:43 AM
callie8799

Question searching for a pattern... can you help me ?

I am looking for a pattern and instructions for making the Basket Lattice design by Sherry Pope. I saw this at a quilt show 2months ago, but the vendor did not have any more kits/patterns/instructions. I went to his website, but I can't find it there either. I googled "basket lattice design" and "sherry Pope" but couldn't find anything. It looks like a weave more than a lattice for it is not set on a diagonal.

I'm going to attempt to explain it for I don't have a pix of it on my computer-just in my memory.

1. it is made from strips and small squares. the design is not set on a diagonal and if the design used solid fabrics ( the one at the show was made from batiks-which caught my eye and I want to make it w/ a batik roll I purchased), it would look like some wove the fabric over and under each strip.

2. the pattern reminds me of art projects back in grade school, we used to make Easter baskets by "weaving" 2" strips of construction paper together. You place 5 strips of paper horizontal on a table, then take 1 strip- going vertical, you go under the 1st strip, then over the 2nd strip, then under the 3rd horizontal strip (is this making sense?) you then take a 2nd strip, going vertical, do the same thing - but you will go over the 1st horizontal strip, under the 2nd, over the 3rd horizontal strip... etc. In the project, we had to push the construction paper strips close together.

3. in the quilt pattern, each strip, horizontal and vertical, is seperated by a sqaure- the same size as the width of the strip that is being "woven".

I still rely heavily on instructions for yardage and sewing instructions, and I'm not keen on trying this w/o instructions in case I seriously mess up (or forget where I was at , in case of a large break from the project).

Any assistance, would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Debbie