View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Surfergirl

Originally Posted by tate_elliott View Post
Hi, folks, I'm new on here. I've sewn for a while, but just recently started doing quilts. I guess it's my wife's fault - I saw all the quilts she was making, so I decided to see what I could do. The three I've done have all been some form of a self-quilted quilt. The first was a twin-size rag quilt for a friend of mine's daughter - she graduated from high school and was about to go off to college. The next was the mock cathedral windows baby quilt - at least I think that's what it is called, I think that style has no specific name. It would have looked better if I had used just one pattern for the backing/framing fabric. Finally, a flannel rainbow baby quilt made in the manner of "Fun and Done" although with smaller blocks.

These were all done on my Rocketeer. I just got her about eight months ago. The Rocketeer, cabinet, manual, cams, and extra feet were $100 from a woman on Craigslist. She inherited the machine, but didn't sew.

My plan, after all the errors in my first quilt, was to dazzle people's eyes so they couldn't look closely enough to see all the mistakes in the two baby quilts.

You did a wonderful job on your quilts! I also love the Rocketeer...I have 2 of the 500's.