Thread: opinions please
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 01:55 PM
love to quilt

Default opinions please

I'm making a Ribbon of Hope quilt for a friend, (rail fence with a ribbon of hope in the middle). Well I came to the part when I was attaching my last 3 rows to the middle of the quilt, and the rows do not match up. If I adjust the seams going up and down, then the bottom section becomes 1/4 in too small.. My question is, if I adjust the bottom section to fit, trim the above sections by 1/4 of an inch, on the right side, I think I should trim the left side by 1/4 inch. I will be putting a 2 inch border, then a 4 inch border on as well.

Doing this pattern, 6 - 6 1/2 in. square accross, 8 6 1/2 in squares down, but with a 12 in square ribbon in the centre, there are a lot of seams to match. I have 3 rows above the ribbon and 3 rows below. I put 4 squares together to make a larger square, then added the last 2 squares (sewn together) to make 6 inch block. I really don't know where I went wrong. I took a picture and I can't get that to copy here. I has not been a great day.

My colors are purple/pink, light pink with the ribbon, and white. My first border is going to be white, the second, is purple/pink. The right side of the quilt top is mostly white and the left side is mostly purple/pink.

If anyone understands all this, would you please give me your opinion. Thanks for reading this.
Attached Thumbnails img_1265.jpg