Thread: iron
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 04:36 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

irons are one of those things---everyone has a different opinion- and they range in price from $10 ones from the dollar store right on up to $200+
my suggestion---when you are in a store that has irons---read the box--decide if it sounds like it will meet your needs- and if it's in your budget- buy it.
i had 2 expensive irons $158 irons---used one for 3 months before throwing it away-the second one has lived in it's box on my closet shelf for 6 years now- i've been very happy with the $19 black & decker i picked up at wally world. some people want/need lots of different features...i just need an iron that gets hot-and stays hot. i do not put water in my iron-i keep a spray bottle of water on my ironing board- so i did not need a steam iron (although i think it would make steam if i did break down and put water in it- i just don't like the hot spattering/sputtering/leaking behaviour of irons with water in them- and i always simply pull the plug when i'm finished in my sewing room-so i don't need it to do anything like shut itself off. decide what kind of ironing you do- what you need it most for- and the one that will meet that need-and be in your budget- that's the best iron.