View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Feathers

Originally Posted by YoYomaker
This is a very simple cookie but I couldn't tell what kind of icing was on it. maybe some can help

It was a piece of angle food cake, covered with icing, then rolled in coconut, it was light and delicious. Any ideas as to the icing.
YoYomaker:
I use a thin powdered sugar icing on anything that I want to have a smooth , glossy surface but will get a bit hard on top so it's not so messy or sticky. I pour this icing on Cinamon rolls after baking; I use this icing on Sugar Cookies, homemade doughnuts and on Angel Food cake squares to make what look like petit fours.

To cut the Angel Food cake in nice clean squares without ragged edges, I put the cake in the freezer overnight and in the morning cut it in the sizes I want, put the squares on a wire rack and pour the icing over the cake. When the icing sets I turn the cakes over and pour more icing on to cover any spots that didn't get icing with the first pour. Roll in coconut, nuts or whatever you want or leave them plain.

ICING:

1 1/2 Cups Sifted Powdered Suguar
4 tsp. HOT Water
1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Mix it all together and if it's too thick, add a bit more water but add only a drop or two at a time.

Hope this works for you.