Old 11-20-2011, 04:01 AM
mhollifiel

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
We took all of my fabric and sewing stuff out of my sewing room today (we are having some of my son's friends for thanksgiving since they are stationed far from home)...bought 100.00 worth of plastic bins...not nearly enough and I already had quite a few. I have a closet still stuffed with fabric...YIKES...my husband never says a word but I am...I am not buying any more fabric untill I really make a hudge dent into my stash....the only thing I may get is some fat qtrs but only theme ones and only if my LQS goes on sale for .99 cents. I am embrassed on how much fabric I have collected in one year...
My DH knows how much I love fabric and loves taking me fabric shopping. My stash is FAR too big but I have a master plan. I am not wasting my resources; I am "Project Linus-ing" my stash down! I took 19 pieced tops in about 2 months ago and I have 15 more ready to go. I realized that I could also provide pieced backs for these tops so more stash gets gone. I put together backs for half of the ones I have ready as well. With this plan, I am making a (little) dent and feel really good about my stash and it's future.