View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:28 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
I wanted to show you all this picture. When my sisters and I were little we had these dolls we played with that were automatically correct and are the actual size of a newborn baby. My Mom and I wanted to get an idea just how big Brooklyn was so we took my doll to the hospital today and laid her next to this doll. My mom, sister and I can't believe how tiny she really is. She is so much smaller then the doll. Look at this picture!
That is just adorable. I have a friend when her first granddaughter was born they bought her a special baby doll much like this and every month for her first year they took a picture of the two of them, her granddaughter with her special baby doll. Then every year until she was 18 they took at least one picture with her special baby doll.

It was incredible story to watch her granddaughter's growth during her first year and a pictorial journal all through her life! Talking to my friend her granddaughter who is now in her mid 20's has started the tradition with her daughter, taking pictures with her first baby doll and then in addition, one with her daughter's very own baby doll. How cool is that?

Congratulations on your precious gift from God to your family. My question however is... How will you get any quilting done now that you'll want to be holding her all the time? :0)

Last edited by onaemtnest; 11-20-2011 at 06:33 AM.