Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 AM
NanaCsews2

I have the Ellegante and will someday upgrade to another Babylock-hopefully the Ellisimo (Gold??) (I was told the Ellegante 3 has a few upgrades from my Ellegante, and some of those I already put on my machine). I asked several questions regarding repairs on the Babylocks, and was told that very seldom do they need repairs. Yearly maintenance-YES! Simply clean it often, especially when going from one project to the next. Use the right needle and thread for your projects. They are workhorses, yet sew very very smoothly. I am in the process of embroidering flour sack tea towels for gifts with the Ellegante, and I love that I can just go from the Ellegante to my Babylock Jane and piece blocks after the first couple of stitches are started, returning whenever to change the color of embroidery thread. I have used the included embroidery patterns, used those 13000+ design discs on Ebay, and purchased several from Emblibrary.com. Every single design I have used has stitched out perfectly. My machine uses every brand of thread I have tried, and I use Schmetz needles. There is a workbook for the Babylocks, and I have printed off and use the instruction manual from Babylock.com. I have never taken a class-I am all self-taught with sewing. The instructions, workbooks, and manuals are very easy to follow, with pictures included. The key is to practice practice practice. I still refer to the books after all these years for a refresher. I don't know anyone that has regretted purchasing a Babylock.