View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Havplenty

moonwork this is the second boom swap that i have participated in and this time around i received so many notes in a couple of f8's that i too was tempted to send them back. instead i sent a pm asking the sender to clarify what they wanted. i do understand why there is a need to clarify what is wanted or not wanted in the finished blocks, but i am finding that it can become a challenge when i receive a mini booklet of instructions to prepare a block (not saying this is what you did). maybe the person who returned your f8 was comfounded by the included notes & just needs some clarification.

either way good luck with the rest of your boom swap.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
I got one of my f8's back unused ...hopefully I didn't confuse others with my note.

I asked to try and use the colors in the f8 and not use clashing patterns. I was thinking that would leave the whole palette of creams, light tans, browns, light greens, olively greens, light blues, light yellows and whites....I just didn't want another "pattern/stripes" to clash with it as I was wanting a more subdued looking top.

I'm sorry if this seemed too limiting -- that isn't what was meant.

If you have any concerns, please let me know. I'm sure I'll be thrilled with any block you make and send to me.

I know I didn't see someone's note until after I had already cut the fabrics and made the block...the note had been stuck to the flap of the envelope and it didn't come out until I went to gather all the "finished" stuff from my baggie so I know I didn't "follow" their request and for that I'm sorry, but it did turn out cool (hope they think so too )