View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 10:24 AM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
Now that I've decided to do this, will y'all help me with some colour scheme ideas? I've been snooping around on line to get some ideas. I looked at the blocks that Anael has shown us and I am in awe and scared at the same time. They are so gorgeous and well made. Big ole cowboy hat off to you, Anael.

Choosing colours is not my forte. I was wondering about red/blue/green/brown/off white with a common fabric used through out. Helpppp!!!

Time to cowboy up and get down to the stash, I guess.
Welcome Janie and so glad you are going to join us! I would pull fabrics that you think will work and put them in a large plastic tub. Have it available to "look at". Put it out where you will see it and move the fabrics around to see how you like them. Get use to seeing them together. I think you will find that you love some of them together, and some will not work. Just put the ones you don't like back in your stash and find others that go with the ones you like. You have 6 weeks to get them together. This will be a year process, so you will have lots of time to add pieces to your tub of fabrics. I use the 16 qt clear Sterilite plastic boxes with lids that I get at Big Lots (if you have them in Canada). I think they also have them at Wal-Mart. I also keep scraps, cut in various sizes, in the 6 qt (shoe box size) Sterilite boxes (a la Bonnie Hunter Scrap User System). We will all be here to help in any way we can.

Last edited by JeanieG; 11-20-2011 at 10:26 AM.