View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Andie
when I do a pattern with a lot of seams meeting I press the seams open and find that really helps
Because I do miniatures I always iron my seams open. It really is a necessity in minis in my opinion. My problem was that I hate to rip and was trying to redo a part of a seam without starting from the beginning. I had to go back and pull all three sections apart and start over. I ended up replacing a couple of HSTs because they were not cut right. I have a friend who does prep work for me and sometimes she is not as precise as I would like but most of the time I can finagle it and fix the irregularity. This was not one of those times.
I was frustrated because I had used differant methods of fixing it and this was the 4th time I thought I had it fixed and it really came out more messed up than when I started!! I found that I had not placed the new seam in line with the original seam so it got pitched twisted.
I had to go back and start all over to get it straightened up. I hate to do that and can usually only rip a small part but it didn't work this time. Oh well. I did get it done.

This is one of 6 hot pad tops this lady ordered. I have 5 more to go.

I call this Rollling Stars I know it has a name but i don't know what it is so I named it what I wanted.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-15175.jpe