Old 11-20-2011, 01:03 PM
valsma

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts View Post
If we don't buy it in the first place they don't get any money and may re-think their greediness and give us little guys a break . This is just my opinion and I say it only about myself.....
I agree. If we don't buy the licensed fabrics that will cut into their profits. However my thinking is if you are going to boycott thier fabrics you need to let them know why you will no longer buy their fabrics and you also need to try to make it a national boycott involving more than a few people. Otherwise it is a futile effort because there will always be someone who will buy it.
I just think it is corporate greed and they have the high priced attorney's to back it up. I get protecting ones copy right, but once I buy that fabric and pay the price whice includes the copy right fees , which im sure are rolled into the cost, I should be able to sell any item I make out of it. If I was actually copying their logo's or items then they would be entitled to sue me. I also know that is what it would be like in the perfect world.