View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Arcy

I have a Juki TL-98Q and love it! I also have an six year old small Bernina. Reliability and cost were the main criteria when selecting a sewing machine for FMQ. I live 60 miles down rural roads from a good machine repairman so purchasing a reliable machine was very important. Spent six months researching sewing machines and joined the Yahoo Juki group and read every post to look for "issues" with a Juki. Borrowed a Janome and used that for a couple of weeks. Tried out a Brother sewing machine. Decided on a Juki.

I bought the Juki over the Internet and have not had a moments problem with it in a year. Still can't thread a needle with the self threader on it, but can't use the Bernina threader either. Just goes to show it is 'user' error not a problem with the machine

The Juki is a solid machine, well built, and the term "workhorse" comes up over and over in describing that brand. I don't think your friend will go wrong if she buys a Juki HZL F600.
I certainly would purchase a Juki again! Encourage your friend to join the Juki Yahoo group, lots of tips there for the use of the machine.