Old 11-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

When I design a quilt block and I want to know what it would look like in a whole quilt I make that quilt block in a new block.

I had a quilt block I really liked. So I went to Block and drew lines to recreate that quilt block in a new block. This way I could set in the quilt block from the Block section wherever I wanted to. NOw there may be an easier way to do this but I haven't seen one yet. I did look through EQ7 to see if this was a feature but didn't find anything.

I used the quilt block I had made to follow the lines for drawing the new Block.

So this is what I used

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289747[/ATTACH]

-------------------------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289748[/ATTACH]

I created a quilt layout and used this block in it first so I could show you how to change the blocks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289749[/ATTACH]

And this block looks like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289750[/ATTACH]

So next I clicked on Block and put my first block in place of the second block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289751[/ATTACH]

I only changed half of them so you can see how I set in the blocks.
When you get the whole quilt changed to the quilt block you want then you can use the swap tool and the rotate tool to play with colors and see how it looks.
Or you could use both quilt blocks and see how that would work. Lots of possibilities!!

I know several people have been playing with this method but the beginners may not have tried some of these steps yet.

Next week we will talk about scanning fabrics into your EQ.

As always don't hesitate to ask if you have questions!

Hope you all have fun playing with your EQ this week! Or just following along if you are waiting to get your EQ.
Attached Thumbnails block-2-new-50.jpg   block-2-50.jpg   block-1-50.jpg   quilt-1.bmp   quilt-2.bmp