View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 07:17 AM
bikermom

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
I need help in identifying a machine. It's an old singer that works by turning a crank that looks like a small wheel on the right side of the head. I think the bobbin is called a shuttle type. It looks to be smaller than a regular size machine but bigger than a Featherweight. The serial number is on the front of the machine and either reads 13612744 or 13682744. There are no alpha characters in the number. I would appreciate anyinformation you can share with me. I do not know how to post a picture on the site.
I have a 1913 Treadle 66 Model Singer, that belonged to my great paternal grandmother. I called the Consumer Affairs Division of the Singer Company and gave them the Serial # and within a couple of minutes they told me it was made on Aug 27, 1913 in Elizabeth, New Jersey! The phone number I called is 1-800-474-6437. Best of luck to you. I would love to know if you find out anything amount your machine!

I was also able to locate the 29-page Instruction Manual for the Singer 66 on the internet and printed it.