Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 AM
cmw0829

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
This is so wierd-- As I was waiting for my turn at the cutting table the lady in front of me was buying fleece with sports team logos on them to make Christmas stockings to sell at her Flea Mkt booth.Another lady said what she was doing was illegal and 'Don't you read the selvedge' blah blah blah and she could be arrested I could not help but to lol at that remark. I figure once its purchased its yours to do what you want..I don't read the selvedge other than to make sure the color code is there But from now on I will make sure to not buy any CFs and to let the store know why.
What the lady buying the fleece was doing IS illegal. The team logos have some sort of trademark and copyright associated with them. Like the Disney designs on embroidery machines. You can't use them to embroider items for sale. And Disney's lawyers do find "little people" who are doing this and they deal with them.

It seems as if the fabric designers must now be copyrighting or some such thing their designs. They have a right to do so but who knows why they are.