Old 08-03-2009, 11:48 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by Loretta
We were told by our local post office that we couldn't put a mailbox in a brick column, because if someone wanted to run into it and destoy our mailbox, it would be OUR fault if they got hurt! and we could be sued! Go figure!
I'd let them try to sue for that!
Idiots for running into it. I can see if the mailbox jumped out in front of them, sure, sue then........
:lol:

Skeat this is so awful for you - probably teenagers like you say. If they're bored why don't they go read a book? That's what my Mom used to say to me if I said I was bored! :mrgreen:

I heard a case in the UK of a man who had an allotment and his shed kept getting broken into and vandalised and the police just weren't interested. Anyway one day he got so fed up with coming down to find his stuff wrecked AGAIN so he wired the shed up to the mains. Then HE was prosecuted for potentially causing bodily harm to the vandals! I also heard that if a burglar is injured in your home for example by falling because of an unsafe bannister, YOU can be sued for negligence! It's a crazy world. :shock: