Thread: Singer 191 j
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
riggerboy

Default Singer 191 j

Last week in Peru I was looking to buy a new heavy duty sewing machine, but was very difficult or neither a piece of crap chinese machine or a Industrial one, So I was looking to do some heavy jobs I run across a Singer 191J mint condition when I took it to get it service they put a 150W motor 9000rpm,
Wow this machine can do serious sewing,
When I mention industrial strength sewing machine in my header, it means: this machine is strong like an industrial sewing machine with the advantage to be more convenient, this smaller machine can be carried anywhere with ease. Also this machine can handle very strong thread compare to the new all plastic sewing machine (today's machine cannot sew with upholstery thread cause they have plastic bobbin case and many fragile parts inside, this machine a purchase from a 83 year old women and it was a wedding gifts in 1959 more than a half of century old even older than me, I am using it to do all the sewing proyects, paragliders repair etc,etc,etc... I will put some pictures is like new and it was use very little and it would last another 50 more or maybe 100 of years.
Attached Thumbnails sdc11384.jpg   sdc11383.jpg