Old 11-23-2011, 01:19 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Spent all day quilting with my 201. Machine was working beautifully before dinner, fixed dinner, took care of family and dog, and then went back to quilting. Since the needle was sounding old, I replaced the needle and oiled the machine. I prepare all my other sections that I wanted to quilt for the evening (I'm doing a quilt as you go). Start quilting a piece only to realize the dang machine is not stitching correctly. I do everything under the sun that I know on fixing the fiasco, but nothing works. I give up and go to my Davis NVF to at least finish off the piece that I started; I get that finished. I play around with the 201 another half hour to no avail. I give up, take shower, and eat a large bowl of ice cream. Of course I can't leave the machine alone until morning. So, I go back to try one more time to get it to do the beautiful stitches that it's famous for. I say some words of encouragement. Well, she sews for me the prettiest stitches. I look at her and say not what the heck was that all about.

Sometimes I think these vintage ladies are telling us to take a break, just slow down and relax. I'm off to have a cup of camomile tea now that I know the machine is working.

May your Thanksgiving be safe, gratifying, and relaxing. Peace!
How many times have I been there - do you even know what fixed it??? Make sure your new needle is going the right direction... you might need a new, new needle. Sometimes it pays to just take everything down and clean lint, oil and re thread. These old ladies like attention once in awhile don't they. Did you get some chocolate? They like it when you eat chocolate with the ice cream.