Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 AM
patricej
Administrator

Entry #4 (Homemother)

The contest helped me complete this quilt instead of letting it sit around for months! It’s only my third quilt and I learned a lot about accuracy and color placement with this one. I found that I needed to use a few more solid types of fabrics because the pattern gets lost if too many similar fabrics are used. Oh well, it’s done and I’m happy about that. The funny thing was I decided to make the back of the quilt with larger squares of the same pattern and picked fabrics I didn’t know what to do with, so I used them for the back, and I like the results of the back more than the front! Go figure – probably some of the best designs come from mistakes!

Thanks for running the contest. It has been good for me!

~Never been posted anywhere online (although, very tempted to ;-D)
~Pattern taken from this website, however, I used my own measurements and fabric choices and changed the design so that the lattice work ended instead with smooth edges and a more finished look (I prefer this, others may not) Block sizes: 6”, 63 blocks Finished size: 64” x 52”

http://static.quiltingboard.com/uplo...und_garden.pdf

~Machine pieced by me
~Home machine quilted by me with meandering in the body and stippling in the boarder. Body quilted with a variegated blue cotton thread (it looks gray except on the white background) and the boarder quilted with a pink/orange variegated cotton thread.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-228126.jpe   attachment-228127.jpe   attachment-228128.jpe   attachment-228129.jpe   attachment-228130.jpe