View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 03:55 AM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by Val in IN View Post
2 cups water, 1/4 cup CHEAP vodka, a few drops 100 percent Lavender essential oil. Mix it, pour it into a spray bottle with a fine mist, and away you go.
I had Best Press and I agree it is quite expensive. I found something by Dryel that was a good substitute but of course it disappeared. I learned it was repackaged as a Bounce product with the Bounce smell in it . Its called Bounce ironing spray. Walmart did not carry it last time I looked. I have not used it since the change.
I made up the mixture of the vodka and water and essential oil. I LOVE it. It gives a smooth finish like the expensive stuff. I tried starch alone, then the homemade ironing spray alone, to test For finish work I like the ironing spray best. I use it on my clothes too. What I have been doing with my fabric is spraying it with a light mixture of starch , rolling it and when I am ready to iron spraying it with the ironing spray.
OH BTW you are not limited to lavender. I used Rosemary for clearing my head while I iron. I have also used Peppermint to wake me up. But make sure they are essential oils not cooking extracts. Big difference. :-)