Old 11-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I have a confession to make. I am going to PAINT one of my cabinets!

My 201 came in a cabinet that is pressed wood. No veneer, just a dark stain. It's butt ugly. I've looked for a "new" cabinet for her, and in over a year, that just doesn't seem to be happening! So I've decided to put my dubious decorative painting skills to work...I will paint the cabinet white, because I picked up a stool at one of the thrifts that had been painted white, and I'm too lazy to remove the paint, and then add some decorative touches...several things have floated through my head... Hindeloopen (a Dutch form of decorative painting), roses maybe?, or sewing notions... have not yet decided on that part...will decorate the stool tho, to match.

What do you think? Will I be banned from the club for this action? What would be your choice of decorative touches?
Well, I love flowers, but in this case, I like the idea of painting sewing notions better. I bet it will be beautiful no matter what you choose. I do hope you take before and after pictures!

On a different topic, I picked up some Murphy's Oil Soap like you said for my "new" cabinet. It does appear to have a wood veneer on top of something (maybe press-board). I'm assuming it's fine to use the Murphy's Oil Soap on all the wood areas, right? All this is so new to me and I don't want to damage anything!