Thread: Handiquilter
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 01:53 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by Landers View Post
I don't know much about this machine but I would like to tell you that whatever you buy make sure that you have an authorized dealer and repair service locally. I see several of my friends that live here in NV with me and if their machines need any repair, they do not have a service person (even in Reno) and have to ship their machine for repair. i brought a BabyLock Jewel a couple of years ago and really went for it because they can service in Reno in 2 shops and at my CA home, I have a choice of 5/6 authorized repair service shops. On of the CA shops are within 20 miles from me.
This was advice given to my by a very competent quilter a number of years ago. It is good advice. It's not fun having to ship your machine to a repair shop. Bad enough if you have to leave it at a local shop but at least you can drop it off and pick it up easily and when ready. And you can talk to the service repair person to get feedback on what was going on with the machine and maybe even a demonstration on how best to treat the machine. There are a number of machines out there that are good so local is what I would buy now.