View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:04 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Default this years craft bazaar updates

what a bummer...the shows are very well attended..though not the usual crowds/shoppers.
THe OLDER shoppers are not there, and the NEW shoppers are not sure what, if anything they should be buying..hehehe

SO, while there are people walking around, looking, touching, etc..they are NOT buying..not even in my booth where the highest item is $18.00 and that is a wooden quilt rack with mini quilt!

It is not just me, I have heard this from TX, OK, MO, and AR....from the CHurch bazaars to the big shows!

What about where are?

Here is another thing I observed..there has been NOTHING traditional at any of the 3 shows I have done. Barring my mini quilts, and cookies in a jar mixes.
I am talking not ONE booth had Christmas stockings, ornaments, tree skirts, table runners, wall hangings, doll clothes, toys, etc...just a boat load of hair bows...my goodness the hair bows...and imported crappola...you know, rhinestone crusted large purses, cheap metal crosses, nothing traditional or Holiday at all!

SO, can you guess what I am making for next year...I don't know about you, but I like traditional holiday stuff...and this year, our walmart and hobby lobby have very little merchandise for the holiday...SOOOO....on the agenda for this upcoming year, I will be making stockings, tree skirts, table runners, placemats/napkins, coasters, tree ornaments, baby bibs, crayon rolls, candle mats, hot pads, and anything else Traditional I can find before next Oct.!

What do you like to buy at shows that you could not find this year? anything?