Old 11-23-2011, 08:29 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, I've never used the bight control and I do get skipped stitches with the 319's if sewing on something with too small a needle. What size were you using? I'd go with a larger needle and see if that helps. I don't thing the bite area does anything...or at least that I've ever noticed. I've gotten skipped stitches with some of my various other vintage machines for the same reason. I have much better results with a bigger needle in these, especially when I'm sewing through 5 layers of fabric when putting on a binding.
Candace what size needle do you use in the 319's? I only have size 80/12. As you know this machine takes a special needle, so I will have to order some more if the 80/12's won't work! I love the fact that the 319w does the decorative stitches, but I am glad I am using her decorative stitches only for finishing seams right now because the stitches don't show! I haven't had time today to play with her, been cleaning house and baking all day!

Glenn, the cabinet "Candace" sits in is complete now - the flip top is screwed back on! I love my 319w, I just hope I can figure out why she doesn't want to play with me! Glenn, do you have any problems with your 319's stitches? What size needle do you use?

Anyway, you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Nancy

PS Charlee paint away! That cabinet is very lucky to have you whatever color/paint you use!