Old 11-24-2011, 05:02 AM
MrsBoats

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I have a confession to make. I am going to PAINT one of my cabinets!
8< snip 8<
What do you think? Will I be banned from the club for this action? What would be your choice of decorative touches?
If you're banned for painting your cabinet, you can join me in the bar-I painted mine this summer. (The table my Pfaff 130 came in.) It was beat up veneer over a mix of solid wood and something like plyboard, only not. I did try cleaning it, and reglued a bunch of the veneer back down, but in the end, it was clean, but ugly. I painted it a slate-y grey (Hubby says it's battleship grey-he's threatened to put a hull number on the back of the stool ) and polished up the brass handles, and it looks fine. I used car wax on top of the paint on the work surface, and everything slicked up nicely.

I vote for the Hindeloopen! I had to google it-that's really cool! Neat how it echoes the fancier decals. If you can do that, you've got steadier hands than I do, that's for sure! Oh, and I found a quilt for you to aspire to-http://www.dutchquilts.net/shop/product.php?productid=14&cat=2&page=1 while I was googling.