Old 11-24-2011, 06:46 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I use 12, 14, or 16. If 12 isn't going through then maybe a 14 is in order. How many layers are you sewing through? Kind of odd...if you look at the stitch out I made for you with the decorative stitching there's no skipping. Though that's only a single layer of material with probably a 12 needle. You probably will have to use some of the heavier needles to punch through multiple layers. Hope this helps.
Candace I did see that your sample stitches were perfect! I am only finishing a seam, two layers of cotton fabric, no batting, no back, no lining, the 80/12 should be perfect for that if not a little too large even. I will practice some more. I am so use to my treadles that only have a stitch length regulator that I think I am not adjusting something right on this 319w? I need to just sit and play more with the machine, this fancy decorative stitching using the treadle is very different - and very cool! The #3 cam seemed to work better for a while, then it skipped too. The #5 built in zig zag did the same thing. I haven't even tried the straight stitch! Yikes! And, I wish I'd of checked the size of needle you had in the machine when I got it! I always put a new needle in when I get a new machine so I don't know what size you were using! After Thanksgiving I will play more with her and see what is going on!

Happy Turkey day everyone!

Nancy