Old 11-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Candace I did see that your sample stitches were perfect! I am only finishing a seam, two layers of cotton fabric, no batting, no back, no lining, the 80/12 should be perfect for that if not a little too large even. I will practice some more. I am so use to my treadles that only have a stitch length regulator that I think I am not adjusting something right on this 319w? I need to just sit and play more with the machine, this fancy decorative stitching using the treadle is very different - and very cool! The #3 cam seemed to work better for a while, then it skipped too. The #5 built in zig zag did the same thing. I haven't even tried the straight stitch! Yikes! And, I wish I'd of checked the size of needle you had in the machine when I got it! I always put a new needle in when I get a new machine so I don't know what size you were using! After Thanksgiving I will play more with her and see what is going on!

Happy Turkey day everyone!

Nancy
I imagine it has to do with the treadling somehow then and maybe the movement to get it to sew would need some practice? You're certain that what you have in it is the 206 x 13 needle? Glen will have to chime in with his thoughts on it. I'm sure between all the brain surgeons here, we'll give you some things to try:> Happy Turkey Day.