View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 06:43 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jumpin' judy View Post
Perhaps I could get some help also. My little darling is frozen at this moment. It was sitting next to my serger and I acidentally hit the FW foot pedal and it ran for a few seconds making a huge bird nest. I cleaned most of it out but a piece of thread got caught behind the bobbin case base. I've read the directions in the manual and was able to do most of the steps. When I got to the final step I couldn't figure out how to take out the bobbin case base. Of course that little piece of thread is still firmly stuck and the machine won't budge. Anyone know exactly which piece you grab to extract it and get to that little devil???
I would have to look at the machine to know how to fix that one. I have a big Consew walking foot that does get thread wrapped around the shaft - to take it off I have to re-time the machine getting it back together. So what I do is put some oil on the thread. Then I get some lock together tweezers and grab hold of the thread and rock it back and forth if it will move - if not I rock the thread - it doesn't get the thread out every time but some times that works. There may be a service manual on line with more information - sometimes that helps. It can be very frustrating.