Thread: My Old Singer
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Grannyh67

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
That’s a very interesting machine. It’s the first Singer 66-1 that I’ve seen with the Filigree Decals on it. I’ve only seen the Red Eye and Lotus decals on the back-clamp model 66 machines. I doubt that the presser bar has been changed to revert back to a back clamp, so it probably came out with it.

I would be interested in knowing the serial number of the machine. It’s probably going to be a 1920s model that came out originally with a spoke hand wheel and bobbin winder to match, and then was “electrified” later with the changing of the bobbin winder and hand wheel and an added motor. No way of knowing whether it was outfitted as a hand crank or treadle originally, but it could have been either since it has the hand crank boss (also called the “motor boss”). Later 66-1 machines with the boss in the casting were sent out in both configurations (crank and treadle).

Nice catch there!

CD in Oklahoma
The only info I have is the Serial # is G5223978 and is a Model 66 I think was manufactured in 1917. If that helps you any, thanks for any info you might have.