View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Pam B

I used to go to festivals/bazaars often (to shop, not sell) but I can honestly say that I have not gone to any for at least 2 or 3 years. For me, personally, I find that I am an impulsive shopper...and I often spend more than I really should and then, once I get home, I regret my purchases. It is not that I cannot afford to spend...I am just to the point in life where I am getting rid of stuff instead of bringing more stuff into my house. As far as holiday decorations go...I have too much and I am decorating less and less each year. As for placemats, wall-hangings, etc., I don't generally buy them because I know I can make them myself. That said, I do feel for the vendors who have spent hours crafting all their products. While I know and appreciate the time/money spent making the item, I do realize not everyone has the same appreciation.

And, I do agree with a previous poster who mentioned all the booths filled with jewelry, bags, items purchased to use for resale. That stuff really does not interest me, either. And, when I did attend festivals/bazaars, I did notice lots of 'lookers' but not purchasers.