View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 08:17 PM
pegstar

Originally Posted by soozieq2 View Post
I am on the search for a machine I can take to quilting class with me. I love my Bernina 1090QE but she is heavy!! I dislike pulling her out of her table and lugging her up and down several sets of stairs. Featherweights are cuter and more collectible but also more expensive and BLACK. I live in the Pacific Northwest and anything black soaks up all of the little light we get. 301A's do come in other colors and are less expensive although a bit harder to find. I am checking Ebay but am afraid to purchase something before I can operate it. Of course money is an issue but I don't want to let a few bucks get in the way of finding something reliable. Do my generous Quilting Board members have any advice for me? Are there specific models I should look for, others I should avoid? Thanks so very much and have a peaceful Thanksgiving.
I have a FW....301 Black & 301A LBOW....I much prefer the 301's....just great for piecing ....haven't quilted with
one yet....only 5 lbs more then the FW and have handle to carry..the 301's sew through anything...have a great
stitch ..