View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Essiescott

Well I went to Joanns, did not get up early to do so, got there around 9:45 or so. Had to follow someone out of the store to get their cart so I could have one. Pulled a number before I even started shopping. They were like on B50 something and mine was C60 something. I thought oh boy this is gonna be fun. Well saw a friend in there, she found a ticket someone had dropped or thrown away, and it was lower than hers, so she gave me hers, which was lower than mine. After all was said and done, she ended up not needing hers at all, so I went from C60 something to C07, which was a good hours wait---thank goodness for friends. On savings---I was really fretting as the total prior to her taking coupons off, and hitting the total button, was in excess of 500.00 I was wondering how in the world am I going to come up with all of that money as I didn't have that much. Then after coupons, % off and such. I ended up with a bill of around $167.00 and a savings of over $450.00 Phew was I glad to see that total. They calculated what the regular price was vs sale price in the savings. One thing that was to my benefit, and I had never seen this happen, was I purchased some of that 108 inch quilt backing fabric---I wanted what was on the bolt, which was 5+ yards on one bolt, and 8+ yards on the other. The clerk coded it as if it was the end of bolt, and gave it to me for 75% off---whoa doggie, was I in heaven---I was going to use my 50% off coupon, but with her coding it that way---I got to use my 25% off total purchase---so what would have cost me $169 she gave it to me for 42.25 then with my coupon, was able to get it for $31.67 or $2.44 a yard for 108 inch wide quilt backing fabric. Talk about a blessing.