Old 11-25-2011, 03:26 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

the iron i have been using for the past 5 years AND LOVE is a $20 Black & Decker from wally world. i have had really expensive irons-that i hated...in fact i have a new one (7 years old new one-never been out of it's box) on my closet shelf=because it's twin was a piece of...
and when i threw the twin out i went shopping and bought the inexpensive B&D---it is a wonderful iron! it stays hot- it is just the right weight- it has been very relyable- and i sure hope it last's forever- i would hate to have to pull out that garbage $159 iron in the closet.
btw---i do not put water in my irons- i keep a spray bottle on the end of my ironing board- i don't care how expensive they are- or how fancy they are- every iron that someone puts water in sooner or later starts leaking- spitting and sputtering- i do not like being burned so i don't go there- i also do not like irons that shut themselves off- when i want my iron to be hot i expect it to be hot---i don't want to shake it-and stand waiting for it to heat back up- i unplug it when i'm done with it- until then it stays hot. (and the one i hate...it is a fancy- cordless- heavy---big---not my idea of a good iron at all)
i'm sure there will be plenty of people who will rave about the one i hate---but i will stick with my $20 iron for as long as i possibly can.