Old 11-25-2011, 04:55 PM
seamstome

Rowenta's have a tendency to leak. I have had probably a dozen of them through the years. I liked my Shark and my Black and Decker. The electricity is weird in my house and I tend to run through irons, TV's, light bulbs, etc at an amazing rate so I have LOTS of experience. Nothing totally unsafe because I have had it checked out.....just the guy who built the house had some interesting ideas about wiring! Don't even ask me about his ideas about roofs!!!

Anyway, my current iron is awful. It is a Sunbeam from Target and it is pink. It is either not hot enough or so hot that my fingers have blisters. There is a medium setting but it doesnt seem to work. The steam just rolls out of the thing or you cant get any. I have been using it now for about three weeks and am ready to pitch it.

I literally just finished binding a table runner before I sat down here and two of my fingers are now burnt.

I am actually posting to add something to the discussion. I got one of those Miracle Ironing board covers that are fiberglass and I love the thing. If I was going to invest money into an iron, I would think about investing money into one of these covers.