View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 06:13 PM
nothing

Default So I bought my wife a sewing machine

Let me preface this with saying I bought it without consulting her because she is so frugal she would never let me spend the money on her. So I spent quite a while doing research and watching to see what her needs were. Since she primarily does quilting I knew to focus on that. Currently she has a very cheap kenmore that is unreliable and really just a headache for her to use.

I went to a local dealer intending to get her a Viking Sapphire in either the 835 or the 875 but ended up leaving with a Janome 6600P. The lady's there swore by this machine. I did read a good bit on it, before going in their so I wasn't unfamiliar with it. I was surprised how enthusiastic they were over it. She convinced me it would feed better and I also like the fact they have classes to help her learn to use it and it seemed to me she would get better support from them if I went this route.

Honestly they had me so convinced I would have left with the horizon if I didn't think she would make me take it back after seeing the bank statement. Did I make the right choice or is it pretty much a toss-up?