Old 11-25-2011, 06:50 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I imagine it has to do with the treadling somehow then and maybe the movement to get it to sew would need some practice? You're certain that what you have in it is the 206 x 13 needle? Glen will have to chime in with his thoughts on it. I'm sure between all the brain surgeons here, we'll give you some things to try:> Happy Turkey Day.
Candace you are such a sweet person, I had to laugh when I read this! Two years ago, I would have agreed with you that the 'treadling' could affect the stitch quality, but I know better now. Yes, bad treadling will cause endless frustration with going forward, backward, breaking thread, stopping, starting, but not the quality of the stitch. Two years ago, I was a terrible treadler! I just went forward, backward, broke a ton of thread! No, I am a pretty good treadler now that I do the majority of my sewing on any one of my 15 treadles! I wish it were that easy! Unless, the belt is slipping, but that wouldn't cause skipped stitches or elongated stitches would it - anyone? I think there is something I am not adjusting, doing that is causing the skipped stitches. I wish I understood the 'bight' controller a little better. I don't give up easily - I will figure it out! Now I wish I'd of kept the motor just to try the motor against the treadle!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 11-25-2011 at 07:01 PM.