View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 06:31 AM
aborning

I baste along the top edge of my top border. If I am doing something different in the center of the quilt and then quilting the borders different, I then stitch in the ditch in the inner edge of the border. I then do the entire center of the quilt. I baste, with a long stitch, along the outer edge of the two side borders as I go along. I also stich in the ditch along the two side inner borders as I go along--so when I get to the bottom of the quilt, my borders are all stiched in the ditch on the inner edge. When I get to the bottom border, I stitch in the ditch along that inner border and baste the outer edge of it. I now go back up to the top and start to quilt my borders. I like to do the top border, then do the bottom border, then take off the quilt and turn it and repin it on -- so my side borders are now on on the top and bottom of the frame. I then quilt them. I only do that if I am doing a complicated design that I don't want to keep stopping to advance the quilt, or if I can't do it as coordinated giong vertical as I can do it going horizontal. If I am doing jsomething simple such as meander or piano keys, I then do not take the quilt off to turn it. I have only been long arm quilting about 10 months so I am also still learning how I like to do things. We all learn as we go along how we like to do the quilting.

Last edited by aborning; 11-26-2011 at 06:34 AM.