View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 12:41 PM
barnbum

Red face Stepping Stones in batiks

This pattern is from Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilt Book and it's called Stone Cottage in there. I changed the name--and the corners. ;-)

This is for my daughter's sweet boyfriend. They are both planning on med school, so I like Stepping Stones for the name--that's what it symbolizes for me--for him. There are so many steps in life--from what to study in college, and what one wishes to be, and what schools to apply to, and where to live--just one adventure after another.

I asked my daughter's permission before I made it for him and she said "Yes, he's not going anywhere." ;-) She's helped with decisions along the way and it's been fun to send her updated photos.

She said he likes blues. Batiks are so gorgeous, always a joy to work with--except trying to decide which side I want to be the top. I added close ups so you can see how rich they are.

The breeze was light, but consistent, so the top is fluttering in ever picture. :-)
Attached Thumbnails 007-copy.jpg   009-copy.jpg   010-copy.jpg   014-copy.jpg   016-copy.jpg  

018-copy.jpg  

Last edited by barnbum; 11-26-2011 at 12:43 PM.