Old 11-26-2011, 01:14 PM
CanoePam

Default Patrick Lose "Bright Christmas" table runner

I'm making table runners for a few of my Christmas presents. Two lucky folks are getting ones made with the Patrick Lose "Bright Christmas" pattern. It is one of my favorites - big Christmas bulbs and stars. The directions recommended using gold metallic thread for the initial quilting. I wasn't sure how that would work since I hadn't ever used metallic thread on my relatively new Handiquilter Sweet 16 sitdown system. I made a sample sandwich and set up Yenmet metallic thread and a Superior SuperBob prewound bobbin and gave it a try. It worked! I didn't even have to adjust the tension, something that definitely surprised me. The quilting is just a big meander. After the runner is quilted, I outlined with a light satin stitch in black. I still have to do the binding (my least favorite part of quilting), but I decided to post now. I hope I figure out how to post pictures!

Here is a close up showing just the quilting before the satin stitching. The colors are duller in the picture than they are in person.

Here is one of the hangings. It comes out to be about 40x14 inches.

Pam