View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Sandy-lou

Default Quilt for my grandson's 16th Birthday

This is my first Quilt, it is large enough to fit the top of a king size bed or drape down the sides of my grandsons queen size bed. I started the quilt in March and finished it in October for his birthday, it is hand quilted in the Japanese style, the pattern is from a Japanese quilting book and the materials are mostly Robert Kaufman and Andover with a few pieces from my sister's stash. The batting is bamboo which gives it a lovely drape and cuddliness.

Because it is such a large quilt I decided to also machine quilt SID for stability, I am pleased to say that my Elna Elina 40 handled it vey well.

I have decided to not admit to any mistakes in this quilt only artistic licence LOL. Making this quilt has been an inspiration, a therapy and has hooked me for life and I have already started on two more, one throw and a baby quilt and have also just completed a cot quilt.

I love looking at all your pictures and find this board an inspiration. I hope you enjoy my pictures and thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2694.jpg   100_3492.jpg   100_3494.jpg   100_3496.jpg   100_3568.jpg  

100_3569.jpg   100_3488.jpg