View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 07:47 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by SueSew View Post
I've seen the plastic-bottle-recycled batting used on a full-size quilt and I totally agree that it had a very soft feel and draped nicely. But I wonder -

How well will it hold up long term? We have data on poly and cotton-poly and cotton and wool, but not on this new plastic.

Should we be putting plastic in the middle of a 100% cotton quilt - something you would want your children cuddling up to?
I really don't know enough to say. Will be interested to hear what you all think on this.
If I am not mistaken, polyester comes from the same original product as recycled bottles.....petroleum. I made a couple quilts using the recycled plastic bottles, loved the way it quilted, and the quilts ends up being lighter in weight than warm and natural. My DGD LOVES it. I am allergic to wool also, so would not be able to use that. I also made my DGD a roman shade for her bedroom made out of recycled bottles, the fabric feels like silk and was just a joy to work with. We have been using polyester for decades now and our children still seem to be healthy and happy.