Old 11-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

This swap is for learning to make my shortcut Blocks and using them to make my designs. So you will make one quilt block and exchange it with a partner I assign. You can choose any quilt block I have designed or used in a tutorial or one of my ebooks or patterns. so go back and look at the list in the first post to see where to find quilt blocks.

I have shortcut methods that make a unit easy to make. I call these units "Blocks" I have Boston Blocks Star Point Blocks Kansas Dugout Blocks etc.

Then after you make these units you sew them together to make a 12 1/2" quilt block.

This is a Boston block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]291155[/ATTACH]
You will make as many of them as you need to make the quilt block you choose to make. I also have some designs that use Half Square Triangles that some beginners like to start with because it is more familiar. But you can use any of my "Blocks"

In most of my tutorials I show you the finished quilt block( computer version )

Here is a thread that shows all of my HST blocks in the first Sampler Quilt I did last year. I posted 3 quilt blocks per week. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t146794.html

This is one quilt block -

Quilt Block Layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]291166[/ATTACH]

in the layout you can see what colors you need to use and where to put the colors. You can also see how to turn the blocks. Once you make the "Blocks" then all you have to do is sew them together. If you change the values of the colors your quilt block won't look the same as mine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]291169[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 7-27-07008.bmp   maisie.jpg   maisie-layout.jpg  

Last edited by Rhonda; 11-27-2011 at 08:46 AM.