Thread: My HST Designs
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
When designing, how can you tell if it is a block that has already been designed and does it matter?
I always say they are my designs but since I don't copyright my work if something I come up with is already out there then no harm done. I don't copy from anyone and I often say as far as the HSTs are concerned especially that there is a good chance the quilt block may be out there. But when I first started I realized there is no way I can ever be truly sure noone else has ever done them so I don't worry about it. If anyone would object and say that design is theirs I would gladly pull it out of the list.

But I also have a differant way of piecing and it is highly unlikely most of my work is not original due to the fact that I use shortcut methods that allows you to put more pieces in a quilt block than most designers can do without my methods. I did research my sort of methods and have not seen anything like it yet on the open market. That's not to say someone doesn't do something similar but I haven't seen anyone yet who does.

I only copyright my EBooks and not the designs I offer for free.