View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts View Post
Good Day! How has everyone been this past week?

Tomorrow is the beginning of Weel #27. We are going to do Block #12.

Happy Stitching!
WOW Kathy!!! amazing..... about to finish my 9th block.. man I hate it when other things get in the way - but it just can't be helped. Perhaps I ought to just jump in where you are right now and start #12??

I'm trying to decide what to take with me next week for some hand sewing... Steph [DD -who many of you may remember is 30 and has behcet's disease] and I are going to Bethesda - NIH for an observational study. We are both excited and afraid at some levels - there will definitely be tests conducted and docs seen who have seen many similar cases. Here - even at UCLA no-one has seen a patient with her exact symptoms and she has responded to nothing for almost 6yrs. Sooooo much pain it breaks my heart - and I'm not sure I would have been able to handle it. The treatments they try are so toxic - methotrexate, enbrel, humira, remicade,steroids, colchicine, imuran,... list goes on ... you just dont know whether to try something or not - although I am not the one enduring the pain. DH in medical research and I tell you we never wanted to take a drug that hadnt been road tested for at lest 15-20yr, but when the pain is intense, you'll try anything.....

well back to what to bring - at first I thought I'll be in DC - go to the Mall- museums, etc. it is so beautiful. But as it gets closer, I may simply be staying at her side.

keep good thoughts and prayers
Gus